On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Taneli Korri <tko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> 
>> wrote:
>>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Taneli Korri <tko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> 
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM, martin.dilger
>>>>> <martin.dil...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> hi,
>>>>>> you could try to change your render strategy to redirect to render, that
>>>>>> would dismiss the page
>>>>>> parameters version.
>>>>>
>>>>> This is not correct.
>>>>> The page id is encoded in the url only for stateful pages. Make your
>>>>> page stateless and it wont be there.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> OK, thanks for the info.
>>>>
>>>> If I remember correctly, in Wicket 1.4 stateful pages had also clean
>>>> urls if the page was mounted to a certain path, i.e. the page version
>>>> number was stored somewhere behind the scenes. I'm guessing this isn't
>>>> possible anymore in Wicket 1.5?
>>>
>>> Everything is possible.
>>> The new IRequestMapper are easily extensible and you can even use your own 
>>> one.
>>> By default this special parameter is set so when the user presses F5
>>> (Refresh) the page Wicket will deliver the same version of the page.
>>> Otherwise a new instance will be created without the knowledge of the
>>> exact version.
>>>
>>> Why do you want to hide this parameter ?
>>>
>>
>> Plain and simple, I like clean urls that can be bookmarked.
>
> The urls with the page id can be bookmarked. If the requested version
> of the page is not available then a new version is created and
> delivered.
>

Ok, I think I can live with that. :)

>>
>> Also some of the search engine bots save the crawled urls (with
>> parameters) and try to access them at a later time. I found this out
>> when I updated one of my sites and now I'm seeing a lot of 500
>> Internal error responses in my web server logs.
>
> Can you paste the stacktrace of an exception caused by such request ?
>

I should have been more clear, this case wasn't directly related to
the page version parameter, but to clean urls.

The thing is that I had a few stateful links in the frontpage which
changed the page stylesheet. Now when I have removed the links, I'm
seeing some crawlers still trying to request them.

For example, a get request to
/?0-1.ILinkListener-stylechooser-style1&wicket:interface=:1:stylechooser:style2::ILinkListener::
throws this with Wicket 1.5.3:

ERROR org.apache.wicket.DefaultExceptionMapper  - Unexpected error occurred
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ComponentNotFoundException: Could
not find component 'stylechooser:style1' on page 'class
net.korri.www.page.blog.BlogPage
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.PageAndComponentProvider.getComponent(PageAndComponentProvider.java:167)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.getComponent(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:92)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:248)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:234)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:750)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:252)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:209)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:280)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:162)
        at 
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:218)
        at 
com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
        at 
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:176)
        at 
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145)
        at 
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92)
        at 
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:381)
        at 
com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
        at 
com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:187)
        at 
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:265)
        at 
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:273)
        at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:682)
        at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:743)
        at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:662)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The request was valid earlier, but now since I've changed the site
there's no stylechooser component anymore.

Regards,
Taneli Korri

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscr...@wicket.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@wicket.apache.org

Reply via email to