Hi,

It is intended.
IModel#detach() is called only if this model is assigned to a component.
Since no one calls #detach() on the StringResourceModel it has no idea
when to call detach() on its inner model.
You need to call SRM.detach() in #onDetach() in the component where it
is used. Then it will detach its inner model too.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend