You could use a modified version of resource watcher that does not use
threads and modify request cycle so that watcher is executed before each
request cycle. I remember there was some blog somewhere explaining this
technique... Maybe it was this...

http://stronglytypedblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/wicket-spring-jdo-on-google-app-engine.html