Hi list,

I've created a reusable form component for editing an address, called
AddressPanel. It inherits from FormComponent and consists of multiple text
fields for inputting data, instances of the component get added to a Form
instance.

How do I use this component together with a CompoundPropertyModel? I'm using
the following code to add the component to the form:

Form<HomePage> form = new Form<HomePage>("form", new
CompoundPropertyModel<HomePage>(this)); // HomePage has an instance of Person
called person
form.add(new TextField<String>("person.firstname"));
form.add(new AddressPanel("person.address"));

However this gives the following exception: "Last cause: No get method defined
for class: class foo.HomePage expression: street."

"street" is a text field that is added to the AddressPanel. Is it possible to
have the "street" field bound to person.address.street without renaming the
text field inside AddressPanel? I don't want to rename it since this way I
can't reuse the component for other entities that have addresses.

Best regards,

Bob

Think green - keep it on the screen.