I'm interested in using hibernate in my wicket application, but I
can't find any up to date examples combining the two.

Is there something other than hibernate that the wicket community uses for ORM?

If not, what can I add to the pom.xml file to include hibernate. I
tried adding this:

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
                        <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
                        <version>4.0.1-Final</version>
                </dependency>

but it doesn't work. I an error that it Could not resolve dependencies
for project...

I also attempted to add this alongside the other repository that is there.

        <repository>
            <id>jboss</id>
            <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/</url>
        </repository>

I get the error about Could not resolve dependencies for project...
but now many other jar files are not found.

I started with the quickstart, if that helps.