Hi,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Kayode Odeyemi <drey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:05 AM, nazeem <md.naz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an interesting article referring to the Linked In tech team
>> experience and how they are addressing using client side template..
>>

>> http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2011/12/thoughts-on-ui-architectures.html
>> Thoughts on UI Architecture
>>

>> In the above article he refers to this
>>
>> https://engineering.linkedin.com/frontend/leaving-jsps-dust-moving-linkedin-dustjs-client-side-templates
>>

>> So, the concept of single json/rest api interface addressing to all type of
>> client (full web based app, mobile version of html app, ios, android, etc).
>> In this case how can I write wicket components to render from jsons ? i
>> believe its not required since its more on the server side, direct pojos
>> should be fine.
>>
>> But at the last he also mentions "Server-side templating should continue to
>> be the default choice for most web applications as it offers many benefits
>> like performance, security etc.".
>> This seemed contradicting to the full details explained.
>>
>> Can any one clarify where does wicket fall in this structure and how we can
>> leverage both (server side templating + client side templating for mobile
>> apps)
>>

> +1
>
> Very interesting read. Wicket could be very powerful if components have
> client side templating built in.

Currently Wicket supports generating XML-like responses in non-Ajax requests.
You can do client side templating based on XML - for example .xslt templates.
You can extend Mustache, Dust, Underscore, ... to read the data from
XML instead of JSON and let them do the rest for you.

In Ajax request you can return XML or JSON or any other format data
and render it at the client side with your favorite JS templating
library.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend