Hi, thanks.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Serban.Balamaci <thespamtr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> It's not really clear what you mean and maybe you need to tell us what you
> want to do.

I want to use servlet session object for user authentication and not
wickets'.

> A Wicket session stores it's attributes into an implementation of the
> ISessionStore interface, but the default the store is HttpSessionStore, so
> the HttpSession. On the other hand, the wicket session can exist in a
> temporary state for the duration of the request and not have a HttpSession
> created. See bind(...) method in HttpSessionStore and you can see the
> Wicket
> session object being stored in a  httpsession attribute when the Wicket
> session needs to be persistent.
> setAttribute(request, Session.SESSION_ATTRIBUTE_NAME, newSession);

But from what you've just explained, does that mean a wicket session is
HttpSession? Hence, I can just concentrate on implementing wicket session
and then retrieve it whenever its required even within a servlet - alas,
the HelloWorldServlet example which makes use of WicketSessionFilter?