Hi there,

I am currently encountering a problem that I don't know how to attack... We have
developed an application that uses the Tree-Component to show hierarchical data
to the user. In some cases, the tree degenerates to a plain list that can be
quite
large. Now, if the list has around 1000 entries, the rendering phase for the
tree
takes approx. 1 second, which seems to be ok. For 2500 entries, the rendering
time
goes up to around 11 seconds and with 5000 entries, we're looking at approx. 30
seconds.

Now, I would like to find out, which part of the component tree causes these
huge
numbers, but I have run out of ideas on how to track down these numbers. The
last
point I was able to measure was between onBeforeRender and onAfterRender of my
subclassed LabelTree component.

Any suggestions on how to instrument my application without building a custom
wicket
package?

Kind Regards,

J.

--
Dr. Jürgen Lind
iteratec GmbH                Fon: +49 (0)89 614551-44

Sitz und Registergericht der iteratec GmbH: München HRB 113 519
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Eberhardt, Mark Goerke, Inge Hanschke, Ralf Menzel