Hi,

at first glance I can't say what's wrong with your code, but you should try debugging wicketAjaxGet function with FireBug or some other dev tool. In this way you should find why there's no AJAX call.
I have an Ajax link in a drop down menu, created like this:

                 final MenuChoice item = new MenuChoice("Delete") {

                         @Override protected AbstractLink newLink(final
String id) {
                                 final AjaxLink<String>  link = new
AjaxLink<String>(id) {
                                         private static final long
serialVersionUID = 1L;
                                         @Override public void
                                         onClick(final AjaxRequestTarget
target) {
  confirmer.confirm(model.getTrack(), target);
                                         }
                                 };
                                 return link;
                         }
                 };

The generated HTML looks like this:

wcall=wicketAjaxGet('?wicket:interface=:1:resultForm:track-list:gridViewportContainer:viewPortTable:dataGridBody:rows:2:cells:12:cell:smartMenu:menuItemRepeater:5:menuItem:labelContainer:menuLink:1:IBehaviorListener:0:',function()
{ }.bind(this),function() { }.bind(this), function() {return
Wicket.$('id28') != null;}.bind(this));return !wcall;">Delete</a>

However, when I click the link, the onClick() handler is not called. The
Wicket Ajax debug window shows no Ajax activity occurring.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review,
disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of
this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is
strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**