Hi,

I want to reuse the same form panels in different contexts and would like to know how fellow Wicket users achieve this. The core of the problem is how to let the user of a form panel specify where to "navigate" when the form is submitted or canceled.

There are multiple possibilities for this:
-setResponsePage a bookmarkable page
-setResponsePage a page instance (to go back to the previous page for example)
-replace the form panel via ajax
-close a modal window via ajax
-bubble a Wicket event

I've tried 2 approaches up to now :
-some form of markup inheritance. This requires subclassing the form panel at each usage site. -navigation factories provided to the form panel which are responsible for populating it with the proper submit and cancel links/buttons.

Both of these approaches are kludgy and I have the feeling there has to be a better way. Which way is the "Wicket way" to let the user of a panel customize its navigation?

Thanks,
Bertrand