Hi,
I just explored a strange behavior of the DataTable component in Wicket
1.5.4.

If a column header has a "." (dot) in it's name, the values of the cells
belonging to to that column aren't rendered properly - they are rendered
like empty cells.

For example:
If I do a SQL-Command like 'SELECT f.Value "f.val" FROM values', all cells
in that column are rendered emtpy (but they are properly accessible through
the DataProvider).
If I instead do a SQL-Command 'SELECT f.Value "fval" FROM values',
everything works like a charm.

This problem seems to have nothing to do with the charset (its UTF-8),
because other special-chars won't harm the rendering. Neither seems it to
have to do with the DataProvider, because sorting and everything else worsk
as suggested too (checked via Debugger).

Does anybody else ever seen this behavior or maybe has a clue on where to
fix that instead of just not to use "dots" in column-headers?

Regards
  Rain... Is wet!

-----
Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)