ajax updates work based on components, so in this particular case you
would only be able to update the entire listview using ajax. so design
your component breakdown accordingly.

of course if you design these optimized components to be able to
produce some part of its output you can use jquery ajax to repaint
just those parts...but thats a bit more wiring.

-igor