Hi Natalie,

If I understand your description correctly, then updating your wizard to
use AJAX is a matter of (1) replacing links/buttons with AJAX ones, and (2)
adding the overview bar to the AjaxRequestTarget so that it gets updated.

An approach to #1 is to construct links/buttons with a factory method that
knows whether the wizard is AJAX or not.
An approach to #2 in Wicket 1.5 is for your wizard to override
Component#onEvent() and add the overview bar to AjaxRequestTarget
payloads[1]. In 1.4 I think you're stuck with something more manual. Maybe
the factory method in #1 produces links/buttons that do this by default.

Dan

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-Defaultajaxevent