actually session.bind() is only needed once and in wicket side,that
too in case when you already dont have a permanent session(http
session),this behavior is needed in case when you are trying to be
stateless till you actually need to be stateful for eg. you have  a
stateless form in a stateless page and you logged in from there.

you can check if your session is temporary or not by session.istemporary()

i think you should call session.bind() in some wicket page before
doing session related thing in servlet

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM, grazia <grazia.russolass...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just ran my app using wicket 1.4.
> THe wicketsessionfilter allows me to maintain the wicket session from wicket
> page to non-wicket page and back to a wicket page. This ensures that the
> session is bound.
> But with wicket 1.5 the wicketsessionfilter is not binding the session when
> going from a non-wicket page to a wicket page.
>
> Sorry if my last posts are somewhat redundant.

thank you,

regards,
Vineet Semwal