I'm doing that.

The fix involved moving the injector initialization to a template method so I
could override.

                tester = new WicketTester(new MyApp(){

                        @Override
                        public SpringComponentInjector setupInjector() {
                                SpringComponentInjector injector = new
SpringComponentInjector(this, applicationContext);

getComponentInstantiationListeners().add(injector);
                                injector.inject(this);
                                return injector;
                                }
                });