Hi,

The debug statement in your page's constructor wont show anything. At
this time the page is not rendered yet and the value will be the
initial one - 0.
You need to put a breakpoint at org.apache.wicket.Page#renderPage()
and see why it is being incremented second time.

Or just create a ticket with a quickstart and we'll try to debug it.