Hi,

I'm pretty new to Wicket but I had a similar problem and did the following:

In your Application subclass

@Override
public void init() {
   getSharedResources().add("cssheader", new
ContextRelativeResource("/css/header.css"));

then in your component // behavior or whatever use a SharedResourceReference
with the key you added the ContextRelativeResource with.
e.g.
@Override
public void renderHead(Component component, IHeaderResponse response) {
   response.renderCSSReference(new SharedResource("cssheader"));
}
in the rendered page your resource won't be rendered as "/css/header.css"
but as something like :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="../resource/org.apache.wicket.Application/header-ver-1331389482368" />

But it will point to the correct file.

Like I said I'm just beginning to use the Wicket framework so if someone
else knows a better way or my way is flawed please correct me.

Cheers
Simon