Getting your application to compile depends on how exotic your Wicket
customizations are. Most things can be solved within a couple of hours
(changed imports, minor compile conflicts). The biggest issue will
probably be getting your application to run without generating errors.
The markup parser is a bit stricter and will give errors more often.

Fortunately 1.5 is now stable and won't change API wise, which is a
far cry from 1 year ago when the software of our company migrated to
1.5 from 1.4.

Martijn