You can try using AjaxFormSubmitBehavior instead of
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior.

Compare

org.apache.wicket.ajax.form.AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior.onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget
 target)

and

org.apache.wicket.ajax.form.AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget
target)

Best regards,
Michal Wegrzyn