Hi,

You haven't showed the MerchantEditPanel, so first make sure it uses an ajax component to submit the form. Then, in its submit method, you should use the following code :

// Closes modal window
edit.close(ajaxRequestTarget);
// Refreshes the <form wicket:id="UpdateForm"> element and all its children
ajaxRequestTarget.add(editModalContainer);