I believe the best solution for me is to update my project to the latest
version of wicket, but still I am worried about the following issue,

since lot of our code have nested components. Any idea when 1.5.6 will be
released? (so that I can wait for sometime and update to 1.5.6)

Below is my understanding, please let me know if I misunderstood something
here.
After 1.5.6, I need to version my pages (which is true by default) and also
setRecreateMountedPagesAfterExpiry(which is true by default). What wicket
does in the background is when session management fails or session expires,
instead of just throwing run time exception (like PageExpiredException)
wicket tries to reload the page (I am not sure how many times it retries
??). By this way we may not or may get only small number of run time
exceptions. Am I right?

Sorry for too many questions because I didn't find any thread regarding page
version in latest releases.

Thanks,
Suresh