Hi all

I set up an error page by calling
getApplicationSettings().setInternalErrorPage(ErrorPage.class);
in my application setup. However, I would like to redirect to a static html
page (not a wicket page) if an error occurs, preventing the wicket error
page from being shown.

I thought about wrapping all code in the error page in a try/catch block and
throwing a custom RuntimeException if any exception is thrown on the error
page. I could then setup a custom page with redirection as the error page
for this specific exception. An even simpler solution would be to just
redirect to the static page in the catch block.

The main problem with this approach is that I can't wrap the call to the
parent class' constructor in the try block. Any exception being thrown in
the parent constructor would therefore still result in a loop of error page
redirecting to itself, same as with no fallback.

Is there a good solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jarnis Bertelsen