Hi duesenklipper.

> I'd rather use a custom Session subclass with typesafe getters and
> setters:

> class MySession extends WebSession {
>   private MyDTO dtoForFlow;
>   public MyDTO getDtoForFlow() {
>     return dtoForFlow;
>   }

Typesafety via custom sessions is nice, but I think that would require
custom model classes for each kind of DTO in order to reach into the
session, like:

public class MyDTOModel implements IModel<MyDTO>
{
    public MyDTO getObject()
    {
        return ((MySession) Session.get()).getDtoForFlow();
    }

    public void setObject(MyDTO object)
    {
        ((MySession) Session.get()).setDtoForFlow(object);
    }

    // ...
}

vs:

SessionModel<MyDTO> model = new SessionModel<MyDTO>(MyDTO.KEY, new MyDTO());

Not typesafe, as you pointed out, but fairly concise.

> Alternatively you might want to look at the wicket-seam integration
> and use Seam conversations.

Actually we started out using Wicket-CDI + Seam, expressly because of
the conversation support, but ran into issues making it work on
WebSphere... a topic for another day. :-)

Thanks for your help.