If you look into the extended browser info detection, you'll see the
results of some JavaScript tests being submitted as a form, and saved in a
session-scoped object for server-side use. Instead of using these results,
you can use your own session-scoped information, and your own Wicket
behavior to detect/submit your data. This behavior can be added at a page
level, or added with an application-level listener, depending on what's
easiest for you.

If you want to avoid the initial "if you see this..." page, you'll need to
provide some defaults / assumptions for the detected properties for use in
the initial page rendering. In the case of screen resolution detection,
this is not a problem; just choose something conservative.

You can see some details of my solution here:
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Dynamically-sized-image-td4456657.html

Dan