Hi,

some hints:

Make sure the jvm the server is running in is started with (I assume JRE 1.6 -> 1.6.0_32):

-server
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Also make sure permGen is specified big enough, e.g:
-XX:MaxPermSize=384m

Also, I wouldn't recommend to restart the tomcat too often, else you'll loose the goodies of the HotSpot VM;

Best