MArtin,
Let me summarize problem,
I want to post an excel file which is populated dynamiclally from database
after on click of a link.

I dont want to use TableComponentAsXlsHandler coz I dont want to load all
data to a Listarraycomponent, coz I have to export huge number of rows such
as 100.000 records in excel. That is why I generate excell file
successfully, with POI and I post file successfully. BUT I have problem
while opening excell file after its download on clicnt side. It doesnt open.
I gives error. I think I have problem below there.

byte[] bai = null;
bai = workbooksample.getBytes();
ByteArrayResource byteArrayResource = new
ByteArrayResource("application/vnd.ms-excel", bai, "a.xls");
RequestCycle.get().scheduleRequestHandlerAfterCurrent(new
ResourceRequestHandler(byteArrayResource,null));

inside of excell file there is no mistake, it writes successfully on file.
But I just have problem while opening excell file on first click. It gives
error as "corrupted file".

I guess I am clear.