Hi,

FilteredAbstractColumn implements ICellPopulator, which provides
#populateItem()
Did you already tried something like:

    public void populateItem(Item<ICellPopulator<T>> item, String
componentId, IModel<T> rowModel)
    {
        IModel<BigInteger> model = (IModel<BigInteger>)
super.createLabelModel(rowModel);

        item.add(new MyBigIntegerLabel(componentId, model)); //
MyBigIntegerLabel should format your model object as string (using
String.format?) properly here
    }

Regards,
Sebastien.