Hi,

You can use org.apache.wicket.request.UrlRenderer#renderRelativeUrl(Url)
to render relative url to your special resource.
As a parameter use org.apache.wicket.request.UrlRenderer#getBaseUrl()
which should return the current page's url.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Dirk Forchel <dirk.forc...@exedio.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> we have to use PIE (see  http://css3pie.com/ http://css3pie.com/ ) to make
> IE7 and IE8 capable of rendering CSS3 decoration features. We use a shared
> resource mount to have an absolute URL in our CSS file (see also
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3046 ).
>

> This works fine.
> But CSS3 allows web designers to specify multiple background images for box
> elements, using nothing more than a simple comma-separated list. This works
> for e.g. Firefox and IE9 but not for IE7 and IE8. Therefore we want to us
> the PIE behavior and the /-pie-background/ attribute.
>
> *There are two main issues related to relative paths in CSS:*
>
> *The beahvior URL*
>
> IE interprets the URL for the behavior property relative to the source HTML
> document, rather than relative to the CSS file like every other CSS
> property. This makes invoking the PIE behavior inconvenient, because the URL
> has to either be:
> 1. absolute from the domain root (this makes the CSS not easily moveable
> between directories) or
> 2. realtive to the HTML document (this makes the CSS not easily reusable
> between different HTML files)
> We went for the first solution as our CSS is "global" for the application.
>
> *URLs in PIE-interpreted CSS properties*
>
> PIE does not parse the CSS stylesheets, it lets IE handle the parsing,
> selector querying, cascading, etc. and then simply asks it for the resulting
> property values. This means that when PIE gets a property value, it has no
> knowledge of the context from which that value originated.
> As a result, for properties which contain URL values (such as border-image
> or -pie-background), PIE cannot resolve those URLs relative to the CSS file
> in which they appear.
>
> The PIE documentation says: /"It resolves them instead relative to the
> JavaScript execution context, which is the location of the source HTML
> document."/.
> But as far as I know, in Wicket the image URLs within a CSS resource are
> interpreted relative to the resource. And this seems to be our problem
> finding image resources.
>

> I fiddled around with this problem a whole day but got no proper solution
> (It's not a solution for us to put the CSS file and the images in the web
> root container).
> Does anybody have a solution for our problem?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com