I have an AjaxCheckBox; when selected, several components get hidden,
otherwise the extra components are shown.

It works, but several times, when selecting the AjaxCheckBox, the extra
components go away correctly, but the value of the AjaxCheckBox quickly
changes from selected *back* to non-selected. The final result of this Ajax
update is that the checkbox is shown un-selected even though it should be
selected.

On any subsequent clicks, the state is synchronized. This inconsistent state
never happens again.

What could it be? As far as I can tell, this AjaxCheckBox is not directly
getting updated from any other sources (it's not target.addComponent-added
from other Ajax actions). Thanks