On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Alexander Cherednichenko
<lex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As the first A in AJAX  stands for Asynchronous, you may hit weird results
> with this solution, especially on slow internet connection. Which means
> that no one guarantees that if user clicks checkbox1 and then checkbox2
> answers would arrive in such a manner.

Wicket serializes the Ajax requests both at the client and at the
server side, so there is a guarantee that request1 is processed before
request2.
You can disable the client side queueing by overriding ajax behavior's
#getAjaxChannel() method though.

> What I would do in this case - I would just write a very simple JQuery
> callback which would listen to checkbox check/uncheck events and would
> disable remaining checkboxes once 5 are selected, plus show warning. It is
> synchronous, immediate, and the rule - max 5 - seems to be easy to employ
> on the client side.
>
> Surely we need to leave the check for 'max 5' in the onsubmit validator as
> we want it to be independent of the javascript.

I agree that client side checks will be much better for the user experience.