Hello,

Is there a good way to discover my serialised or about-to-be-serialised
session size without adding the debug bar to my page?

I currently use

  @Override
  protected void onAfterRender()
  {
    super.onAfterRender();

    CloudSession ssnSession = (CloudSession)getSession();
    long loSize = ssnSession.getSizeInBytes();
    m_logger.log(Level.FINE, String.format("Session size = %,dB.", loSize));
  }

in my WebPage subclass, but I suspect that this is the wrong place to
examine the session size.

My software environment is:

    Web framework: Wicket 1.5.7
    Web server system: Google App Engine for Java version 1.7.0
    Java: 1.6.0_33; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 20.8-b03
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 SP3
(version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_GB)

Ian Marshall

Walter Rugora wrote