to get this to work, we ended up having to refresh the entire tree
component when the children of a node are loaded, kinda defeating the
purpose of the ajax lazy loading. otherwise, the subnodes are not droppable
targets in the DOM.

still open to better more jq/wiquery-like approach if someone has any ideas.

thanks.
-c