Great! That means I don't have to waste time tracking down non-existent
timeouts & can focus elsewhere. Thanks for the quick feedback.

From:   Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   07/26/2012 09:56 AM
Subject:        Re: Ajax Timeouts

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Richard W. Adams <rwada...@up.com> wrote:
> Yes, it is my code. My server code will eventually reply.  What I can't
> control is how long a database operation will take. Typically the
database
> work finishes  under 10 seconds, but sometimes can run up to a minute or
> longer.
>
> If I understand you correctly, even if takes 5 minutes (an extreme
> example), the client will still patiently wait until it gest the reply,
> correct? To say it another way: As long as the server code eventually
> replies (in less than the session timeout, which is currently 60
minutes,
> I think), the client will still get the reply. Is that accurate?  If so,
> then my problem is probably something other than an Ajax timeout.

Yes, the Ajax call will wait. In that timeframe no other request can
access the same page instance too.

Wicket 6 supports Ajax call timeout by
org.apache.wicket.ajax.attributes.AjaxRequestAttributes#setRequestTimeout().
It just delegates to jQuery#ajax()'s timeout mechanism. I haven't
tried it with your use case though.