Well, in my actual live application I don't have that option. We are
sending a query to a web service and part of the response from that web
service has these image links embedded in it. So we are using a label to
display them just as I am doing in the quickstart.

As you can see in the quickstart, there is an ImagePanel which has a
hard-coded image, which only lives in html and then a dynamic image, which
is created within a wicket label. That ImagePanel is reused on both pages.
The dynamic image on the second page shows a red x in the browser. In fact
if you look at the src attribute you will see that wicket has modified the
src attribute of the hard-coded img tag to this
"../../../images/arrow-up-green.gif" however it left the other unchanged.

Everything works if the CryptoMapper is not the root mapper.

Josh