On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Bertrand Guay-Paquet
<ber...@step.polymtl.ca> wrote:

>> Seeing how the previous book authors became less active after writing
>> a book I think this is not a very good idea... :-/
>
> Is this because the books didn't sell well enough?

i can only speak for myself,

define enough :) i agreed to work on the book knowing full well it was
not going to sell a million copies. i wrote it so the community has an
easily accessible resource.

> I don't know the authors
> personally and I don't know much about the publishing world so it could very
> well be another reason altogether.

writing the book was a very long and a very exhausting effort, much
much more then i thought it would be. when i was done the book was
actually twice as long as what was published, but the publisher wanted
me to trim it down to keep the cost low... they would have to charge
more if the book had more pages :/

the combination of those two things has burned me out somewhat. at
least enough to make me want to go play with other things for a while.

-igor