Let's say we want to have a number of widgets on the page. But we want to be
able to dynamically define what widgets are shown, and in what order they
appear on the page.

So I can create a bunch of panels, each with their own html, and add those
panels to a container to display on the screen. But how do I  control the
order of them? If I put them in a list, will they be drawn in the order they
were added to the list?

I'm following this example:
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/page-with-dynamic-components.html wicket
dynamic content

Will this type of solution work even if the widgets are of different widths?
Can we still control the layout in the html if we never know what widgets
are shown?

I hope I explained it properly.