Hi,

I'm attempting to use wicket-guice to inject Logger references into my
application with logging.

So instead of:

Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(HomePage.class);

I would rather:

@Log
Logger logger;

I've followed the guice documentation closely and have been frustratingly
unable to get these statements working. Does anyone have any experience with
this and can provide insight to why it's not (see links below)? All other
objects I have provided or binded are getting injected, however, all my logger
statements are throwing NPE.

See the following two links for the documentation I have been using. I also
have a quick-start wicket application that I have prepared if anyone is curious
(it's a zipped up eclipse project ... I may have to rename .zippp to get around
the corporate firewall)

http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/wiki/CustomInjections

http://forkbomb-blog.de/2012/slf4j-logger-injection-with-guice

I have also tried the Sli4j library, but was getting NPEs as well:
http://sli4j.googlecode.com/svn/site/1.0/index.html Does anyone have experience
with sli4j?

Finally, does anyone have a maven archetype? My coworker is looking into adding
logger injection to the 55minutes prototype.

Thank you!

Sean Lawrence

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this
email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the
apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or
copy this message and any attachments.