Hi Hielke

First, I want to say thanks for wiquery. I integrated wiquery in a big
project with success and we are happy with them.

I know that the 2 code snippets do exactly the same. The first uses the
wicket mechanism and the second uses the jquery mechanism. I read at
http://code.google.com/p/wicket-dnd/issues/detail?id=13#c1 that
"WiQueryCoreInitializer(hooked up via WiQueryInitializer) installs its
custom WiQueryDecoratingHeaderResponse" and I suppose that
WiQueryDecoratingHeaderResponse translate the first code snippet in the
second.
In my case the problem is "$" jquery variable instead "$.noConflict()" (we
need to use another JavaScript library - prototype from wicekt-dnd -
alongside jQuery).

Probably a jquery layer in the wicket core will help more the wicket
developers that consume jquery (core, ui) and the projects that integrate
wicket with jquery. In this layer I see a standard mode to add jquery.js,
some behaviors that add jquery core functions in wicket and also different
kinds of helpers (options) for function parameters (boolean, string, ....)

Best regards,
Decebal