You should at least escape your ':', i.e. something like: BODY
WICKET\:MESSAGE * {   }
But I doubt it will work on any browser. If you really want to keep the
wicket:message tags (imho you're better of without them), you could wrap
them in another container (div/span) and use that conatiner as a css
scope to style your messages.