Hi, need to use an XML file for localization in my application. However,
Wicket is just not recognizing an XML file for this.

I did the XML structure exactly like in the examples, proper UTF-8
encoding, proper doctype for Java properties. I copied the examples into a
newly created UTF-8 text file and saved it as an XML, I tried to do it from
scratch in a text-editor as well as in my IDE. I escaped the {} brackets
with a backslash, tried without any text or just one letter in the
<key>-tags... nothing, Wicket is not recognizing or not reading the file.

XML validators tell me the file is valid. As soon as I change the XML into
a .properties file, Wicket reads it. But I need UTF-8 for German Umlauts.

Is the beta3 having a problem maybe, anyone else experiencing that?
*_de.html files are recognized as well, but not my XML.