We have a dropdown menu based component (based off of twitter bootstrap)
that needs to have the links' default allowed so the menu closes.  We can
create a subclass of AjaxLink that overrides the updateAjaxAttributes and
does this, but then developers have to know either to use that specialized
link or to override the updateAjaxAttributes in their link.  Is there a way
that the controlling componenent (the menu) can override the ajaxattributes
for its children links?  Currently, the updateAjaxAttributes method is
protected, so I'm not aware of a way.  Would it make sense to make this
method public and/or is there another way to accomplish this?