Aah, just found in the referenced wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-Exceptionhandling

or override org.apache.wicket.Application.getExceptionMapperProvider() -
the IExceptionMapper is used if none of the configured
IRequestCycleListeners doesn't know how to handle the exception.
For information on how the request cycle handles exceptions see
RequestCycle in Wicket 1.5 for more information

So I would use BookmarkablePageRequestHandler or such.
Nice... Wicket is like having Christmas all year :)

But still:
I only get the exception. Ok, it has a stacktrace. But for convenience,
is it possible that I could get the component it came from?