But why not for tabs, accordion, slider, and other jquery components?
That gives you much more flexibility in separating what a component
logically does (e.g. render various sections of data, widgets, etc.),
from how it is shown and interacted with in the browser (view as tabs,
steps in a widget, accordion, just plain sections, ...). In jquery-ui
itself you also add it as a behavior to a DOM element. So why not offer
that flexibility in the Wicket integration? Idem ditto for things like
draggable, droppable, etc. Why not offer the possibility to make any
existing wicket panel/component a draggable by having a
DraggableBehavior? In wicket-jquery-ui you need to subclass a Draggable
panel, which is obviously not possible with already existing
components/panels.

Just to clarify: this is my very personal opinion on how a jquery
integration should be designed (and actually how I've done it for many
projects so far). That's obviously very subjective. It looks like an
impressive library nonetheless!