Hi, in the project I work on there is a matrix that grows in both dimensions.
Currently it is implemented as 2 nested DataViews. I'm seeing the inner-most
dataview's onBeforeRender() takes 2-3 seconds to process 200 checkboxes,
which if I combine it with a 15 outer-most dataview gives me the horrible
number of 30-40 seconds or more. If I have 200 instead of 15, you can
imagine my concern. Should I change to another repeater? Should I use the
DataTable instead of nested dataviews?
FYI: With the given implementation I tried overriding the Item's
onComponentTagBody() method but the time is spent before reaching that
method, so it doesn't really make a difference to improve that method.

Lucas Kuperman

PS: pagination is not an option and on scroll lazyloading is another topic.
Size of the matrix is not cuestionable unfort