I appreciate the help so far.

A somewhat unusual question: We need a way to identify all Buttons which
don't go to the server for anything. Is there a way to identify these
"client-side-only" Buttons?

As an example, we have a Wicket Button constructed the usual way in our
form, but its only action is to erase all fields on the form via JavaScript
(it's a "Reset" button, has an onClick JS action). It doesn't go to the
server and its activity is exclusively client-side.

How can we check for these buttons in our code? Is it the fact that they
don't override an onSubmit()?