Looks awesome!

One suggestion/question about it (might sound silly at first but keep an
open mind).

I understand you're implementing the JSR-303, but I was wondering if it
would be possible to allow some of the settings be borrowed from other
annotation framework like Hibernate or some other 3rd party not necessary
out of the box but perhaps via a user defined mapping?

Given your example POJO:
public class Person implements Serializable
{
       @NotNull
       @Size(min = 2, max = 30)
       private String name;

If one were to use the same POJO to map it via Hibernate the code would look
like:
@Entity
public class Person implements Serializable
{
       @NotNull
       @Size(min = 2, max = 30)
       @Column(name = "full_name", nullable = false, length=30)
       private String name;

That seems like duplicated meta data to me since you're defining the same
info twice such as the null state and length in two or more different
annotations.

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors