No worries.
I still have problem to understand why people call Urls with path
parameters REST-urls. There is no problem to read query string parameters
in RESTful app.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM, René Vangsgaard <rene.vangsga...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thank you, but my second was more on generating REST-like URLs, not
> consuming them. I have rephrased my example below.
>
> In init:
> mountPage("/guide/${guideId}/step/${stepNo}", classOf[GuidePage])
>
> In StateLessLink.onClick:
> setResponsePage(new GuidePage(1984, 1))
>
> It generate this URL (the last number changing):
> http://localhost:8080/guide//step/?3

There are two problems here.
1) encoded in the url path or query string these parameters are still
parameters
In your code about GuidePage is created without PageParameters being used,
so Wicket has no way to find values for the placeholders
Solution:
val params = new PageParameters();
params.set("guideId", 1984)
params.set("stepNo", 1)
setResponsePage(classOf[GuidePage], params)

2) the extra pageId in the query string is used internally by Wicket
It is not needed only when your page is stateless
If GuidePage has no stateful components/behaviors then all will be fine.
Set log level to DEBUG for org.apache.wicket.Page to see whether a Page is
stateful and why