From: René Vangsgaard [mailto:rene.vangsga...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 3:29 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: stateless pages

I am looking into stateless wicket. Do the setStatelessHint() work as expected?
My links are generated correctly, but when the page is rendered a ?#number is
rendered - the #number being the "normal wicket counter". I read that the
presence of this number indicates my page is not stateless.

And it is true that any use of Ajax will make a page stateful.

On a more general note, I am looking into creating a stateless application,
mainly because of scaling. Do you think Wicket will fit, even though I will be
using Ajax? I really think the separation of HTML and code, the approach with
components and the use of wicket:id is the best, and I have not found it
anywhere else. Basically I like Wicket, but do not need the statefulness.