Thank you Olaf and Michael.

I think this is workable... We can create an abstract base class that
instead of doing load() directly, the signature would be something like:

public Future<T> load(ExecutorService executor);

The async load() will execute immediately upon model creation, and during
the "actual" LoadableDetachableModel.load(), it will simply wait for the
future to complete (if it hasn't completed). Since there can be multiple
futures executing at one time, no model is blocked by the loading of
another model.

That's in theory... Hopefully it will actually work as intended. :)

Is there a plan to make this asynchronous model support built-in in Wicket?
With asynchronous frameworks like Play and vert.x, I think Wicket needs to
improve on this front too to keep itself relevant. If anyone else also have
a need for this (at least there are 3 of us) I can file a ticket.

Hendy

--
Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on
LinkedIn<http://id.linkedin.com/in/hendyirawan>