Hi,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Pieter Claassen <pie...@musmato.com> wrote:

> This is a general best practice question. I am using wicket-jquery-ui
> because I don't seem to be able to find a resizable panel in the
> internal wicket ajax widgets.
>
> 1. Is there no problem loading new jquery libraries over the wicket
> implementation? What is best practice?

Look at the existing jquery integrations and see what people do?

> 2. I am looking for a way to get the resized panels' x and y size
> parameters into my wicket code? Any suggestions how to do this?
>
> You have to:

1-Hook onto the client side events triggered by resize and use
Wicket.AJA.get/post to stream back the parameters.
2-Attach and AJAX behavior at server side component and on respond get and
parse those parameter.

Examples?

https://github.com/WiQuery/wiquery/blob/master/wiquery-jquery-ui/src/main/java/org/odlabs/wiquery/ui/slider/AjaxSlider.java
https://github.com/WiQuery/wiquery/blob/master/wiquery-jquery-ui/src/main/java/org/odlabs/wiquery/ui/tabs/Tabs.java

or event better

https://github.com/WiQuery/wiquery/blob/master/wiquery-jquery-ui/src/main/java/org/odlabs/wiquery/ui/resizable/ResizableBehavior.java

wihc already have that functionality (see AjaxResizeCallback)